“Love You and Yours” in 2018!
Valentine’s Day is a holiday that can derail our New Year’s resolutions. With all the candy, sweet treats, and LOVE of chocolate, staying your healthiest during this one holiday can be a real challenge. Here are some tips that will help:
- Prep a healthy dinner in advance – Just because it’s Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you need to go out to eat and spend a fortune on a meal that may undo your diet. Make a meal ahead of time or make a meal plan and stick to it. Have a romantic meal at home by candlelight. You will feel better about it the next day, and so will your wallet and waistline.
- Don’t skip meals – Saving those calories from breakfast or lunch for a big, fancy dinner won’t help you lose weight, but will make you more likely to overeat.
- Plan fun family activities – Working on a family photo album, volunteering together at a local charity event, or creating other heartwarming traditions will help make your Valentine’s Day about more than just sweet treats and comfort food.
- Send love notes – Kids aren’t the only ones who can send Valentines. Pick up a pack of Valentine’s Day cards at your local dollar store and send them to special people you haven’t talked to in a while, or better yet; pick a local assisted living or skilled nursing facility in your neighborhood and adopt them as your “sweeties.”
- Take time to take care of yourself and your loved ones – Get expert care anytime, anywhere. If you or a loved one needs to see a health care professional immediately this winter season, get a fast, accurate diagnosis and treatment plan with a Bon Secours 24/7™ virtual visit. Only $49 or less with a participating insurance plan. We’re here for you all season! Visit Bon Secours 24/7™ at www.bonsecours247.org
Happy Valentine’s Day from Bon Secours!
Let’s make this your healthiest heart-day yet!